Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fulfilling Lifelong Dreams

We all have them. At least I assume we do. Some of them have personal meaning, like revisiting a mission area. Some of them are educational, like seeing all the capitals of Europe. Some of them are spiritual, and I won't speculate as to what these might be, because they are so different by person. And some of them are just silly. For example, one day, I want to be able to do a Tuesday afternoon seminar in the BYU Statistics department. This will have to be after I do some research that would qualify me, so I don't expect it any time soon.

But I have had another dream very closely related to that one that has now been fulfilled. Or at least it will be starting in January. I'm teaching Stat 221! Ultimately, this is what I would like to do with my life. Of course, this is all dependent on my husband having a job, so for now, it's more of a part-time avocation than a career path. I'm just excited that I get to start so much sooner that I expected. I'll be up at the BYU Salt Lake Center once a week on Mondays. I don't know a whole lot more than that, but I'm sure excited!

No comments: